TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus:
Selection Procedure for TNPSC Group 1
Selection Procedure: Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Interview
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)’s Group 1 Exam pattern and scheme of examination are given below…..
Scheme of Examination: Group 1 Exam will consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and Oral Test
Preliminary Examination: Preliminary examination will consists of 200 Question in objective type, duration will be 3 Hours for maximum marks of 300.
DCs, BCs and
|Single paper in General Studies-200 items
Degree Standard – Objective Type
General Studies – 150 items
Aptitude & Mental Ability
Test (SSLC Standard) 50 items
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus : Main Written Examination & Oral Interview:
Main examination will consists of descriptive type questions from degree standard. Exam will have three papers viz., Paper I, Paper II and Paper III each will carry maximum marks of 300 in time duration of 3 hours. Subject name, maximum marks and qualifying marks for main examination and interview are given below….
|Minimum Qualifying Marks
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs,
MBCs/DCs, BCs and
|General Studies- Descriptive type – Degree Standard
Paper- II Paper-IIIInterview & Record
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus:Oral Interview:
Interview will be conducted for 120 Marks
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus : Selection Process:
TNPSC Group 1 Selection Process:
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)’s Group 1 exam selection process details are given below….
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus :Selection Procedure:
The selection will be made in three successive stages…
1.Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination and
2.Main Written Examination and
3.An Oral Test in the shape of an Interview.
1.TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus Preliminary Examination:
- The examination consists of a single paper in General Studies having 150 Questions and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test having 50 Questions.
- Total marks are 300 in the duration of 3 Hours.
- The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
2.TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus Main Written Examination:
- Candidates who qualified in preliminary examination can attend for main examination which consists of three papers viz., Paper-I,Paper-II,Paper-III.
- Each paper carries 300 marks in the duration of 3 hours.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 50 times the number of candidates to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments.
- However, in each reservation group, all the candidates who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination,
- Though the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:50 ratio.
3.TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus Oral Test: The candidates who qualify in Main written examination will called for oral interview. Interview will be conducted for 120 Marks.